Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Weekend!!

Hey guys!! How is everyone's weekend going? Mine has been pretty good thus far. Sorry it's been a few days. Sometimes life just gets in the way and I'm ok with that really. I was freaking out that I missed a few days blogging, but once I sat back, I realized that it will happen sometimes. Rule #1 for myself: sometimes I won't be able to blog everyday and that's ok.

I started my day at the dentist....Boo!!!!
Nothing major. Just a filling. Who wants to do that first thing on a Saturday morning though? Once that was done, I headed home and threw dinner into the crock pot. Ahhh....how I love thee crock pot.


*Polish Kraut and Kielbasa*

Smoked Turkey Kielbasa

Sauerkraut

Brown Sugar

Apple Juice

Throw all that in the crock pot and let it cook for about 4 hours.

The actual recipe calls for apples as well, but I have never done that.

A little tid bit- once I make a recipe so many times, I have no idea what the measurements are. I just throw stuff in. Sorry for no exact measurements.

Workout

Once I was done putting dinner in the crock pot, I took a nice 6 mile run through the downtown area where I live. It's a nice day here so I took full advantage of that.

I forgot to put sunscreen on though. Hopefully I won't look like leatherface tomorrow!!


Post Workout Smoothie


As soon as I was done, I made up this delicious baby



Into the blender went:


1 cup almond milk


1 cup frozen strawberries


1/2 cup crushed pineapple


1 scoop Jillian Micheals Chocolate Protein Powder


Ice


It was delicious!!


I also added a drop of this little beauty!! This stuff is AMAZING!! It's like a tropical vacation in a glass. For real :)


Well, I'm out to finish dinner and get my eyebows done (it's been WAY too long)


Question of the night:


What is your favorite crock pot recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment